Planning to launch a logo contest but not sure which platform to use? We’ve got you covered.
Crowdsourcing has become very popular for logo creation. It is a great choice since it is budget-friendly, time-efficient, and more resourceful than hiring a single designer for work.
In this post, we are comparing the best logo contest sites.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- What is the Best Logo Contest Site? Our Picks
- List of the Best Logo Contest Sites
- What are the Benefits of Using Logo Contest Site?
- How to Run a Successful Design Contest
- Choosing the Best Logo Contest Site for Your Business
- Frequently asked questions
What is the Best Logo Contest Site? Our Picks
After comparing main features, number of graphic designers, reviews and pricing, we’ve compiled a list of our top picks.
Our top 3 recommendations for the best contest sites are:
- 99designs – The overall best logo contest platform, thanks to simplicity, user-friendly interface, a wide selection of designers & good customer reviews.
- DesignCrowd – Great logo competition site for affordable & customizable prices, and a wide selection of designers.
- 48hourslogo – Affordable and with one of the fastest design contest duration.
Of course, these aren’t the only options out there, and there’s a lot more to say about each of them. Read on and I’ll tell you everything you need to know.
List of the Best Logo Contest Sites
Here is the list of the most popular logo contest sites:
- Zillion Designs
I’ll be reviewing and comparing each creative platform in detail to help you find the best solution for your needs.
99designs is the pioneer of crowdsourcing sites that has now become a go-to website for all types of designs i.e. card design, merchandise design, book cover design, etc.
Plus, due to its transparent reputation, it delivers hundreds of projects every day.
99designs is also user-friendly thanks to its interactive interface. To launch a contest, you just need to create a design brief, and then before long, designs will start pouring in for you to choose from.
However, 99designs might be more expensive than other logo contest sites. Moreover, people have noticed that designs from expert designers are only available in gold and platinum packages. So it might cost a little more to get a quality design.
Still, if you can shell out a few more bucks, we think 99designs is the best logo contest site.
Related: How 99designs contests work
A huge number of designers
Not the cheapest one
Reputable and transparent
Money back guarantee
DesignCrowd is another well-known logo contest site that helps buyers in accessing multiple designers at the same time for crowdsourcing.
Plus if you are unhappy with the design after the contest, you can claim your money back as this website offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
The buyers can also set a deadline when starting a contest. They can choose to set either 3, 5, or 10 days depending upon how soon they need the design. After choosing a design, they can ask a designer to make some improvements too.
However, people have complained that the interface of DesignCrowd is confusing. Other than that, DesignCrowd is an excellent option for small businesses.
The interface may be confusing
Over 1 million designers
Some designers lack experience
48hourslogo, as its name suggests, strives to deliver custom logos within 48 hours. It is popular for delivering spectacular designs in record time. Also, it is one of the cheapest graphic design delivery platforms.
The platform allows you to start your logo contest for just $129 which is far cheaper than other platforms. It has delivered more than 200,000+ design projects successfully to satisfied customers.
Though many believe that 48 hours of turnout time is not enough for designers to complete and submit their work for buyers to consider. Furthermore, only logos and brand identity designs are made and sold on 48hourslogo.
It’s a great option since its pocket-friendly offers and fast turnout time.
Buyer may receive not many designs in the 2-day delivery package
Costs an additional $30 to hide the contest from the public
Buyers can customize the cost
4. Zillion Designs
Zillion Designs is a reputable logo design platform that allows buyers to access more than 100,000 graphic designers. It also provides amazing customer support via multiple channels i.e. email, phone, and live chat.
The buyers can launch a contest on Zillion Designs within seconds and receive on average 30 to 80 design submissions per contest.
Besides this, every launched contest is managed by a project manager who ensures that you find an exceptional logo design for your business.
But, Zillion Designs keeps 20% of the contest prize money as a processing fee which is a huge amount.
Splendid customer support
20% processing fee
A dedicated project manager for every launched contest
DesignContest has a responsive interface, extensive customization options, and active customer support.
Plus, you are guaranteed to meet talented designers here that will deliver exactly what you want.
Additionally, the buyers can now choose to either find a design through crowdsourcing or hire a capable designer separately to design their logo. DesignContest also allows the buyers to give out a second and third prize which is great.
But this platform requires the buyers to pay if they want to launch their contest for more than 7 days. Still, considering everything, DesignContest is a decent option.
Tons of customization options
Buyers can give second and third-place prizes
Designhill offers plenty of hiring and pricing options to buyers. This crowdsourcing website allows buyers to buy ready-made logos for a price far less than a logo contest.
Also, you can choose to get designs through a logo competition or the traditional hiring of a designer. There is also the option to get a free consultation on design ideas so that you can define exactly what you want.
But the logo contest lasts 10 days on Designhill unless you pay extra. Its interface is also hard to navigate which is a big hassle for many.
Great value for the money
Fewer designers compared to other sites
Free consultation to help you get started
Interface might be difficult to navigate
Crowdspring is a superb crowdsourcing site that offers a 100% money-back guarantee, good customer support, and a pool of talented global designers. It also offers free designer consultations with no commitments.
Its website is simplistic in design and very easy to navigate. The simple interface of Crowdspring makes it easy for buyers to post briefs and receive designs.
However, Crowdspring is quite an expensive graphic designing freelance platform compared to its competitors. A single logo package can cost around $300 on this site.
Easy to use interface
Might require more involvement compared to other platforms
Money back guarantee
What are the Benefits of Using Logo Contest Site?
- No risks. With many different designs to choose from, you are minimizing the risk of being disappointed. Also, most of these design platforms have a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- Ease of use. The interface is usually beginner-friendly and easy to use. Most of the design platforms guide you step by step through the entire contest process so you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Many different logo options to choose from. Design crowdsourcing platforms allow you to reach a wide talent pool. It means you will be able to choose between many differently styled designs.
- Save time. This is probably the strongest benefit. You don’t have to spend time looking for graphic designers. They are all here on the platform, waiting for your design requests.
- Ask for revisions without paying an extra fee. If you hired a freelancer and paid him for the hours of work, you would have to pay for the extra revisions of your logo design. Luckily, during most of your design contests, you will be able to request revisions without paying an extra fee.
- Save on costs. Professional agencies or freelancers could charge a few thousand or even more for a logo. Logo contest sites let you save on costs by allowing you to generate a lot of options without paying extra fees for revisions.
How to Run a Successful Design Contest
Here are the main steps to launch a design contest:
- Choose a design crowdsourcing platform that best suits your needs.
- Register (not always required) and fill in the brief for your logo.
- Choose a package or specify how much you will pay (according to the platform’s pricing model).
- Wait a few days for designers to start submitting logos.
- Review submissions and provide feedback. Ask for revisions if needed.
- Select a winner.
Basically, after you launch a contest on one of the design contest platforms, dozens of designers will create logos and compete with each other.
When the contest is over, choose the winner logo. Enjoy your new brand!
Some of the design crowdsourcing platforms offer not only logo design. Additionally, you can also get business card design, website design or other preferred designs.
Choosing the Best Logo Contest Site for Your Business
There are several logo contest sites available on the internet but only a handful of credible are preferred by businesses and entrepreneurs.
If you’re still not sure which option is right for you, here’s a reminder of our top three recommendations:
- Choose 99designs if you want the best all-around option which is very easy to manage.
- If you have a limited budget, go for DesignCrowd, which has a high number of designers.
- Launch a contest on 48hourslogo if you need a logo delivered quickly.
I hope you found this helpful. Good luck!
Frequently asked questions
The best ways to get a logo designed could be hiring a professional graphic designer or an agency, launching a contest on crowdsourced websites like 99designs of DesignCrowd, or using online logo makers and creating one by yourself.
It’s always best to look for options where you will be getting several designs which you can choose from.
A logo contest is a logo design competition between graphic designers, in which graphic designers compete for a money prize. A customer who needs a logo submits a brief on a crowdsourcing design platform and later chooses the best logo.
It provides an easy way for you to get a logo for your business, with many design options to choose from for a one-time fee.
Most design contests run for about 1-2 weeks on average. Some platforms have 1-5 days contests. However, if your request is more complex and you prefer to get many options, it will likely take more time.
It is putting a request or launching a contest on a platform which enables you to collaborate with numerous designers in order to get maximum design options for your business.
A good logo should be: simple, memorable and timeless. Try to combine these three aspects into your logo for maximum value.
There are also other aspects that famous brand logos share, such as containing just 1 or 2 colors, predominantly using blue. Also, there could be certain elements like circles that conveys positive senses.
You can find many free logo creating tools online, such as Canva, Looka, Adobe and many others. However, if you want a high quality logo for your business, you should hire a freelance designer, agency or launch a logo contest on a crowdsourcing platform.