In this guide, we’ll reveal some fascinating Canva statistics every marketer should know.
You’ll be equipped with the most important Canva stats that answer questions such as:
- How many people use Canva?
- What are Canva user demographics?
- Canva revenue and net worth
- Design facts
- Much more
Let’s see the stats.
- Canva Statistics (Top Picks)
- How many people use canva?
- Canva Growth
- Canva Design Numbers & Facts
- Canva Investments & Acquisitions
Canva Statistics (Top Picks)
- Over 75 million people are using Canva worldwide. 67% of these people are using paid subscriptions.
- At the end of 2021, Canva’s was worth $40 billion. The platform’s revenue is expected to exceed 1 billion in 2022.
- The platform is used by 85% of Fortune 500 companies.
- In total, more than 8 billion designs have been already created with Canva. 150 new designs are created every second!
- The company have acquired other companies like Zeetings, Pixabay, Pexels, Kaleido, Smartmockups & Flourish.
- Canva was recognized and awarded as the best place to work in Australia. Currently, the company has 2500+ team members.
- Canva has more than 1 million stock videos, photos, and other graphic elements. It has around pre-made 610,000 templates, out of which, 350,000 are premium.
How many people use canva?
Canva, the Australian-based graphic design company, has over 75 million monthly active users worldwide.
It’s one of the most popular graphic design software worldwide. The user base of Canva is scattered across 190 countries.
One of the reasons why it has such a huge user base is its free plan.
The software’s paid monthly subscriptions are 5 million, out of a mammoth 75 million total userbase.
Here’s an interesting fact that tells us how reliable this tool has become:
Around 85% of Fortune 500 companies use Canva in one way or another.
35% of Canva users are 25 to 34 years old. This age group is the most popular among platform users. In total, more than 60% of all users are under age 34. However, the design platform is rapidly gaining recognition among older people as well.
18 to 24 years
25 to 34 years
35 to 44 years
45 to 54 years
55 to 64 years
At the moment, Canva is slightly more popular among women – 55% of users are female and 45% are male.
What is Canva net worth?
At the end of 2021, Canva’s valuation was a mammoth $40 billion.
That’s pretty impressive considering the fact that the design company was reported to be valued at $15 billion a few months earlier.
This means Canva more than doubled its valuation in a matter of a few months.
Bloomberg suggests that the company was only worth $6 billion in the mid-2020.
Now, that’s not a small valuation, but it shows how the company has multiplied its worth in just a year.
This made Canva one of the most valued private software companies in the market. Plus, the overall Australian tech industry experienced a boost as well.
In fact, according to SmartCompany, Canva’s two co-founders, Cliff Obrecht (COO) and Melanie Perkins (CEO) are two of the richest entrepreneurs in Australia.
They recently made it to the list of 250 richest Australians with a net worth of $15.89 billion each.
Interestingly, Melanie and Cliff are a married couple.
Now, we don’t really know exactly how much Canva makes as it’s not something that’s publicly disclosed, especially in detail.
But, the company’s expected revenue in 2022 is projected to exceed $1 billion.
How many employees does Canva have?
Canva has a team of 2500+ members overall.
In 2021 alone, the Sydney-based design platform hired more than 1350 people from all around the globe. The design company had to expand its team to cope with the growing demand.
This means it has almost doubled its workforce in a single year.
Canva’s teams are working from Sydney (of course), Manila, London, Wuhan, Beijing, Austin, San Francisco, and more.
In 2018, Canva was recognized and awarded as the best place to work in Australia. So, it’s not only about the customers; the company is supportive of its staff and provides a dynamic and inspiring culture.
Canva Design Numbers & Facts
How many Canva designs are there?
Since Canva’s launch, its users have created over 8 billion designs.
But, the real growth was seen in the year 2021 when users created around 3.5 billion designs with the software.
Every second, an average of 150 designs are created with Canva. Actually, around 1,800 designs have been created while you’ve been reading this fact.
How many design elements are there in Canva?
Canva has more than 3.5 million graphics. Most importantly, it has 60+ million photos available.
Canva’s stock media library is one of the most extensive resources you’ll find online.
Users also get pre-made 610,000 templates, out of which 350,000 are premium.
Canva Investments & Acquisitions
According to Crunchbase, Canva has acquired a total of 6 other companies.
Here’s the list of companies it acquired since 2018:
5 of these are working separately with their own websites.
But, one of them (Zeeting) has become “Canva presentations” now. Which makes it not a stand-alone product anymore.
Users have created 227 million presentations using Canva, so the product has been working great.
Canva Social Responsibility & Contributions
- Canva has helped the people of Southern Africa by distributing a generous $10 million.
- As part of their One Print, One Tree program, the design company has planted around 1 million trees.
- The company prepared more than 100,000 meals for Canice’s Kitchen, Wayside Chapel, and displaced Jeepney drivers.
- After partnering up with a few other organizations, Canva contributed $2.1 million through a philanthropic program in India.
- Canva also supports 250,000 non-profits as well.
There you have it for my rise of Canva statistics roundup.
In terms of design adoption, it’s mind-blowing to see how quickly an online design platform can explode. The simplicity and accessibility of the platform for everyone ensure a large number of users
Today, thanks to Canva, you don’t have to be a professional designer to create great designs for your digital assets.