In this guide, we’ll reveal some fascinating Canva statistics you probably didn’t know. The popular online graphic design tool experienced massive growth in the past few years.
We’ll answer questions such as:
- How many people use Canva?
- What are Canva user demographics?
- Canva revenue and net worth
- Company facts
- Much more
Let’s dive in.
Note: These statistics and numbers were last updated in October 2023.
Canva Statistics – Top Picks
These are our most interesting Canva statistics and facts:
- Over 150 million people are using Canva worldwide, while 16 million of these users are paying subscribers.
- Canva is valued at $25.5 billion. The platform’s annual revenue is expected to reach $1.7 billion by the end of 2023.
- The platform is used by 85% of Fortune 500 companies.
- Canva has invested over $200 million into AI technologies. The company paid its users royalties to train its AI engine.
- 200 new designs are created every second.
- The company has acquired other companies like Zeetings, Pixabay, Pexels, Kaleido, Smartmockups & Flourish.
- Canva was recognized and awarded as the best place to work in Australia. Currently, the company has 3000+ team members.
How many people use Canva?
Canva, the Australian-based graphic design company, has over 150 million users worldwide. Among them, there are over 16 million paying subscribers.
It quickly became one of the most popular online graphic design tools worldwide. The user base of Canva is scattered across 190 countries.
One of the reasons why it has such a huge user base is its free plan.
Here’s an interesting fact that tells us how reliable this tool has become:
Around 85% of Fortune 500 companies use Canva in one way or another.
35% of Canva users are 25 to 34 years old. This age group is the most popular among platform users. In total, more than 60% of all users are under age 34. However, the design platform is rapidly gaining recognition among older people as well.
18 to 24 years
25 to 34 years
35 to 44 years
45 to 54 years
55 to 64 years
At the moment, Canva is slightly more popular among women – 55% of users are female and 45% are male.
What is Canva’s net worth?
Canva has a valuation of $25.5 billion in 2023. Previously, it was valued at $40 billion, however, it experienced a $14 billion plunge after a new valuation.
Bloomberg suggests that the company was only worth $6 billion in mid-2020.
Now, that’s not a small valuation, but it shows how the company has multiplied its worth in just a few years.
This made Canva one of the most valued private software companies in the market. Plus, the overall Australian tech industry experienced a boost as well.
In fact, according to SmartCompany, Canva’s two co-founders, Cliff Obrecht (COO) and Melanie Perkins (CEO) are two of the richest entrepreneurs in Australia.
They recently made it to the list of 250 richest Australians with a net worth of $15.89 billion each.
Interestingly, Melanie and Cliff are a married couple.
Canva exceeded more than $1 billion in revenue in the past year.
The company invested $200 million into AI technologies which helped them to grow significantly. It expects to earn $1.7 billion in annual revenue in 2023.
Surprisingly, Canva is still a private company and is not publicly traded. However, there are rumors out there that they are planning on launching an IPO. We’ll have to wait and see.
How many employees does Canva have?
Canva has a team of 3000+ members overall.
In 2021 alone, the Sydney-based design platform hired more than 1350 people from all around the globe. The design company had to expand its team to cope with the growing demand.
This means it has almost doubled its workforce in a single year.
Canva’s teams are working from Sydney (of course), Manila, London, Wuhan, Beijing, Austin, San Francisco, and more.
In 2018, Canva was recognized and awarded as the best place to work in Australia. So, it’s not only about the customers; the company is supportive of its staff and provides a dynamic and inspiring culture.
Canva Design Numbers & Facts
How many Canva designs are there?
Since Canva’s launch, its users have created over 8 billion designs.
But, the real growth was seen in the year 2021 when users created around 3.5 billion designs using the software.
Now, an average of 200 designs are created every second using Canva. Actually, around 1,200 designs have been created while you’ve been reading this fact.
How many design elements are there in Canva?
Canva has more than 3.5 million graphics. Most importantly, it has 60+ million photos available.
Canva’s stock media library is one of the most extensive resources you’ll find online.
Users also get pre-made 610,000 templates, out of which 350,000 are premium.
Canva Investments & Acquisitions
According to Crunchbase, Canva has acquired a total of 6 other companies.
Here’s the list of companies it acquired since 2018:
5 of these are working separately with their own websites.
But, one of them (Zeeting) has become “Canva presentations” now. Which makes it not a stand-alone product anymore.
Users have created 227 million presentations using Canva, so the product has been working great.
Canva Social Responsibility & Contributions
- Canva has helped the people of Southern Africa by distributing a generous $10 million.
- As part of their One Print, One Tree program, the design company has planted around 1 million trees.
- The company prepared more than 100,000 meals for Canice’s Kitchen, Wayside Chapel, and displaced Jeepney drivers.
- After partnering up with a few other organizations, Canva contributed $2.1 million through a philanthropic program in India.
- Canva also supports 250,000 non-profits as well.
There you have it for my rise of Canva statistics roundup.
In terms of design adoption, it’s mind-blowing to see how quickly an online design platform can explode. The simplicity and accessibility of the platform for everyone ensure a large number of users
Today, thanks to Canva, you don’t have to be a professional designer to create great designs for your digital assets.