Design Pickle is a subscription-based graphic design service that lets you request as many design projects as you want for a flat monthly fee. It is a great platform for those who need consistent graphic design each month. However, if you don’t need consistent graphic design, this service might not be for you.
Unlimited graphic design
About 1-2 business days
$499 to $1,695/month
- Fast turnaround
- Responsive and friendly team
- Unlimited design
- Unlimited revisions
- Free stock photos
- Variety of source file types
- Slack integration
- Limited Slack integration on Standard plan
- No free trial
What is Design Pickle?
Design Pickle is a subscription-based graphic design service. In other words, you get unlimited graphic design for a flat fee.
Established in 2015, it has completed more than 1 million design requests since then.
In theory, Design Pickle sounds like a pretty good deal:
Unlimited graphic design with a “built-in global design workforce” with same day turnaround, flat-rate design and a creative management platform.
But let’s dive deeper.
How Does Unlimited Graphic Design Work?
Design Pickle’s unlimited graphic design means that you can request as many designs as you want for a fixed monthly price.
Not only that, but you can also request unlimited revisions on each project.
Design Pickle lets you manage multiple brands or businesses under a single roof. The nice thing is that all of the plans come with the Unlimited Graphics feature.
However, there are limitations regarding what they do not design. For example, they would reject requests for complex photo manipulation, fine art illustrations, HTML, CSS, UX designs, or any coding requests.
Services and Key Features Design Pickle Provides
- A Dedicated Graphic Designer. When you subscribe to Design Pickle’s monthly subscription, you get a dedicated graphic designer that works on all your requests. The service makes sure that you get the right graphic designer for your brand by asking a series of onboarding questions from you. However, keep in mind that Design Pickle’s standard plan doesn’t come with this feature.
- The Platform. The Design Pickle team has created an app where you can communicate with your designer and manage requests efficiently and easily. The Design Pickle platform is integrated with Adobe Stock, JumpStory, Pexels, Unsplash, and the company’s own FreshStock. In addition, you can access all your past requests in one centralized location.
- Turnaround Time. On the graphics plan, you can expect to receive your project within 1 – 2 business days. And, if you are on the Graphics Premium or Graphics Pro plan, you’ll get your design on the same day. That said, the exact turnaround time will mainly depend on the complexity of the design project.
- Support. Design Pickle gives you a dedicated customer support team 24/5. So, you can ask any number and type of questions you want; the team will be available for you five days a week.
- Onboarding Process. Once you decide that Design Pickle is for you and sign up for the service, the company will ask a few onboarding questions. This is to understand your business needs and how the service can help your business grow. Then, you’ll be watching a series of videos that will guide you on how you can get the most out of your subscription.
How Much Does Design Pickle Cost?
Design Pickle offers three pricing plans: Graphics plan for $499/month, Graphics Pro plan for $995/month and Graphics Premium Plan for $1,695/month. While these would be enough for most users, there is also an option to request a custom plan.
|Graphics||$499 per month|
|Graphics Pro||$995 per month|
|Graphics Premium||$1,695 per month|
Keep in mind that every Design Pickle plan comes with unlimited graphic design.
Let’s explore each plan in detail.
Graphics Plan Pricing
The standard $499/month graphics plan is for you if you are an entrepreneur or a small business.
The standard plan comes with unlimited design requests and unlimited revisions. It also lets you manage unlimited brands on a single account.
Other features of Design Pickle’s Graphics plan are:
- A turnaround time of 1 – 2 days
- Static designs ( social media graphics, flyers, ad creative, etc.)
- Free stock photos
- Adobe source files
- Custom illustrations
The two most noticeable drawbacks of the standard Design Pickle plan are:
- No dedicated designers
- No Slack integration
So, if you are already using Slack for team collaboration and want dedicated designers on your team, this plan might not be ideal for you.
Graphics Pro Plan Pricing
Design Pickle’s Graphics Pro plan is perfect for agencies and medium-to-large companies.
It comes with a price of $995/month with unlimited design requests and unlimited revisions per project.
The services also include custom illustrations and presentation design.
Here are the other features you get on the Pro plan:
- Same-day turnaround
- Dedicated designers (Including Spanish speaking designers)
- Slack integration (for team collaborations)
- Dedicated account manager
Graphics Premium Plan Pricing
The Graphics Premium Plan is ideal for large organizations.
The cost of Design Pickle Premium is $1695/month.
One stand-out service you get on the Premium plan is motion graphics.
In addition, you get:
- Same-day turnaround
- Dedicated designers (Spanish designers included)
- Unlimited brands
- Slack integration (Real-time collaboration)
- Dedicated account manager
- Motion graphics revision tool
If you need to get a custom plan depending on your needs, Design Pickle will connect you with an expert.
Which Pricing Plan Should You Choose?
Design Pickle’s services come with three different pricing plans, which gives you enough options as far as the cost is concerned.
- If you are a small business or an entrepreneur, the standard Graphics plan would be the right one.
- Agencies and small-to-large businesses would get the most out of the Design Pickle Pro plan.
- Whereas, the Premium plan is best for large businesses and organizations.
The right pricing plan also depends on your needs. For instance, if you need dedicated designers, you should go for the Graphics Pro or Graphics Premium plan.
Note: It is worth comparing the cost of hiring a designer to find out which one – freelance graphic designer or unlimited design service is more worthwhile.
Things I Like
This is one of the most attractive features of Design Pickle. On the basic plan, you get your design back within a couple of days of ordering it.
And, on the Pro and Premium plan, you’ll get it back on the same day, which is incredible.
Keep in mind that your Design Pickle designer will only work on a single project at a time. So, if you have more than one request, the others will form a queue.
But, what if you need multiple designs in a short span of time?
In that case, you can buy multiple subscriptions to increase the design capacity.
Responsive and Friendly Team
You get a dedicated designer on Design Pickle’s Pro and Premium plans who makes sure you are moving in the right direction.
Moreover, the success team is always there to help you with anything you throw at them, in a timely manner.
This would probably be the most attractive feature of Design Pickle for most business owners.
The ability to create as many designs as you need or want is something that makes the service too attractive to ignore.
Of course, it would be perfect for businesses with a lot of graphic design needs. But, small business owners and even solopreneurs can use the peace of mind of not ever having to spend more than a fixed amount for their graphic needs.
Unlimited Revisions and Brands
The good thing is that you can request as many revisions as you want from your Design Pickle designer.
Plus, there is no limit on how many brands or businesses you can manage on the platform.
A Dedicated Designer
Design Pickle lets you select a designer of your choice, allowing you to work with the talent you deem fit for your business.
Then, you can train them and stick with them for the long term.
Suitable for All Types of Users
The working model of the design pickle is perfect for all kinds of users.
- Bloggers can use it to create eye-catching images, improving the quality and outlook of their content
- Agencies can use it to scale their graphic design services and get more stuff done quickly
- Large and small businesses can use it to create all types of graphics
Moreover, the service offers all types of graphic designs, including:
- Social media creatives
- T-shirts and clothing designs
- Business cards
- Websites, landing pages, and mobile apps
- Promotional material
If you are a team or an agency, you can benefit a lot from Design Pickle’s Slack integration.
However, the Slack integration only comes with the Pro and Premium plans of Design Pickle.
A Variety of Source File Types
Your Design Pickle graphic designer can deliver your projects in a variety of files. The default ones are JPG, PNG, PDF, and even Adobe source files.
Free Stock Photos
Design Pickle comes with Unsplash and Getty Images integrations, so you or your designer can browse the platform for stock photos.
However, although Unsplash is free for all users, if you want to use Getty Images, there is an extra $25 per month fee for that.
Things I Don’t Like
No Free Trial
Sadly, the unlimited graphic design service does not offer a free trial.
Although I expected a free trial, their 14-day Customer Satisfaction period makes up for it. Meaning you can ask for a full refund 14 days from the date of purchase.
Limited Slack Integration For Standard Plan
Another thing I don’t really like about Design Pickle is that the company is offering Slack integration only on the Pro plan.
This can be a real turn-off as Slack is a popular team management software that many companies are already using.
I don’t understand why isn’t Slack on the standard plan as it could make team management more efficient.
Standard plan as it could make team management more efficient.
Who Is Design Pickle For?
Design Pickle is perfect for:
- Small and medium business owners
Design Pickle is ideal for people who have had experience working with a graphic designer in the past.
Does that mean if you haven’t been working with a designer Design Pickle isn’t for you?
But, a general observation is that users that have worked with graphic designers before having the most success with this service.
But, why’s that?
Users that have experience working with a designer typically provide better guidelines to the Design Pickle designer.
And, because the designer fully understands the requirements, the user gets the desired outcome.
But, that doesn’t have to stop inexperienced users from fully leveraging Design Pickles’ services.
Unlimited graphic design services can help you if you:
However, if you don’t think Design Pickle is for you, there are some great alternatives you can check. One of them that we personally tested and recommend is Kimp.io.
How To Get Started With Design Pickle?
Getting started with Design Pickle is pretty straightforward; here’s the step-by-step process:
Step 1: Go to the official Design Pickle website.
Step 2: Click on the “Get started” option at the top right corner of the Design Pickle web page.
Step 3: Enter your email and company name.
The web page will redirect you to a question page.
Step 4: Complete the questions entering options that look suitable to you.
Next, fill out a few important entries.
Step 5: Lastly, you’ll just need to select a time for your consultation and you will be all set.
You will then be ready to start building your requests.
Is Design Pickle Worth it?
Design Pickle is a great unlimited graphic design service. It is similar to hiring a freelance graphic designer on a monthly basis without having to deal with the challenges of team-building.
Plus, it’s way cheaper than hiring and managing a team. From recruiting the right designer for your brand to managing projects efficiently, Design Pickle does everything you for.
I like that Design Pickle doesn’t put any limit on the number of projects you can order and on revisions per project you can request.
Plus, you can manage as many brands on a single Design Pickle account as you want.
Is Design Pickle any good?
Design Pickle is a great unlimited graphic design service since it provides unlimited requests and revisions.
If you have a consistent flow of graphic design requests, Design Pickle might be the most cost-effective solution.
How does Design Pickle work?
With Design Pickle, you pay a monthly fee and get provided with graphic design services that will work on your graphic design requests. After you register, you will have to submit briefs and wait 1-2 days for your designs to be completed.
How much do Design Pickle services cost?
Design Pickle has three main pricing plans: the $499/month Graphics plan, the $995 Graphics Pro plan and the $1,695 Graphics Premium plan.