Envato Elements and Adobe Stock both offer a vast library of digital assets, including stock photos, videos, graphics, and templates for creative projects. Envato Elements offers unlimited downloads for a flat monthly subscription fee, while Adobe Stock operates on a pay-per-asset or subscription basis with limited downloads, making it better suited for users with specific asset needs.
Take a few minutes to read through our comparison guide and you will quickly learn which of Envato Elements and Adobe Stock is more to your personal preference.
Envato Elements vs Adobe Stock: Quick Facts
Envato Elements Adobe Stock
Content Library Wide range of creative assets including stock photos, videos, music, graphics, templates, and more Most known for high-quality stock photos and videos, also offers illustrations, fonts, 3D assets, and more
License Royalty-free (single license) Royalty-free (Standard, Enhanced & Extended licenses)
$16.50 – $39.00 per month
Pay-as-you-go with credit packs or subscription plans
$29.99 – $249.99 per month
Free Trial No 30 days (10 free images)
Integrations WordPress plugin Creative Cloud, API and other 3rd-party integrations
Who we recommend Envato Elements for
- Creatives on a Budget: If you’re looking for a cost-effective solution that provides access to a wide variety of creative assets without breaking the bank, Envato Elements’ fixed-price subscription model is ideal.
- Content Creators: Content creators, including bloggers, vloggers, and social media managers, will appreciate the diverse selection of stock photos, videos, and music, which can enhance the visual appeal of their content.
- Freelancers and Small Businesses: Envato Elements offers an affordable way for freelancers and small businesses to access high-quality design templates and multimedia assets for their projects.
- Non-Designers: The user-friendly interface and customizable templates make Envato Elements accessible to individuals with minimal design experience.
Who we recommend Adobe Stock for
- Professional Designers: Graphic designers, web developers, and creative professionals who require access to a vast library of premium quality assets and need compatibility with Adobe Creative Cloud software will find Adobe Stock indispensable.
- Large Corporations: Enterprises with larger budgets and a need for extended licensing options may prefer Adobe Stock’s flexible payment plans and licensing terms.
- Experienced Creative Teams: Teams that are already well-versed in Adobe’s creative software suite can benefit from the seamless integration between Adobe Stock and these applications.
- Complex Projects: Adobe Stock’s extended licensing options and the availability of 3D assets make it suitable for complex and high-end design projects.
What You Get: Asset Library Comparison
Envato Elements boasts an extensive and diverse asset library that includes:
- Stock Photos and Videos: Envato Elements offers a vast collection of high-quality stock photos and videos covering a wide range of topics, styles, and genres.
- Music and Sound Effects: Access a rich library of music tracks and sound effects to enhance your multimedia projects.
- Graphics and Illustrations: Graphic designers will appreciate the diverse selection of vector graphics, icons, and illustrations.
- Templates and Web Elements: Envato Elements provides customizable templates for various applications, including website design, presentations, and print materials.
- 3D Assets: While not as extensive as Adobe Stock, Envato Elements does offer a growing collection of 3D assets for designers and animators.
Adobe Stock offers a premium asset library that includes:
- Stock Photos: Adobe Stock is known for its high-quality stock photos, covering a wide range of themes and subjects.
- Illustrations and Vectors: Access vector graphics and illustrations that seamlessly integrate with Adobe’s creative software.
- Videos and Motion Graphics: Adobe Stock provides a selection of video clips and motion graphics suitable for video editing and motion design projects.
- 3D Assets: Adobe Stock boasts an extensive collection of 3D assets, which is particularly valuable for professionals in industries like gaming, advertising, and architecture.
- Templates and Premium Collection: Adobe Stock offers premium templates and a premium collection of assets, curated for professional use.
- Monthly subscription costs $33 per month, and users gain unlimited access to the entire library of assets.
- Annual subscription costs $16.50 per month, which is 57% cheaper than the monthly subscription, providing the same unlimited access.
The platform offers discounts for Students and Teams (groups of up to 6 users)
With Envato Elements’ simple pricing structure, you can predict the cost no matter how many downloads you get, making it an attractive option if you are on a budget.
Adobe Stock offers flexible pricing options to accommodate various user requirements:
- Subscription Plans: Adobe Stock offers various subscription plans, starting from $29.99/month and going up to $249.99/month. You can choose monthly subscriptions with a limited number of downloads per month and annual plans with increased download allowances.
- Credit Packs: You can also buy credit packs, which allow you to buy stock images or videos. On average, it will cost $8.00-$9.99 per image.
- Pay-as-You-Go: Users can purchase assets individually. This is suitable if you have specific, infrequent needs, or just need, for example, a single stock photo. Assets are high-quality but they might be expensive to purchase.
There are also Team and Enterprise plans available for businesses.
Adobe Stock’s pricing can be advantageous for those who require access to Adobe’s premium assets and high-quality content. However, the subscription plans don’t come with unlimited downloads, meaning it will be expensive if you need large amounts of creative assets.
Envato Elements simplifies licensing with a straightforward approach, offering a Single Commercial License. With an Envato Elements subscription, you get a single commercial license for all assets, allowing you to use them in a wide range of commercial projects.
It’s important to note that Envato Elements’ licensing may not cover every use case, particularly those requiring extended rights.
Adobe Stock offers versatile licensing options:
- Standard License: This license permits the use of assets in various creative projects, including web and print, as long as they do not exceed 500,000 copies or views.
- Enhanced License: This license allows more than 500,000 copies or views of the asset.
- Extended License: For more extensive usage, such as merchandise for sale or larger print runs, an extended license can be purchased for an additional fee.
Adobe Stock’s licensing flexibility caters to a broad spectrum of creative needs, making it suitable for professionals and businesses.
Envato Elements offers customer support through email and an extensive help center. While their resources are helpful, the level of support may not be as extensive as what Adobe Stock provides.
Adobe Stock provides robust customer support with multiple channels, including phone, chat, and email assistance. Their comprehensive support options cater to a diverse range of users, including professionals and enterprises.
Additional Features, Integrations & Plugins
WordPress Plugin: Streamlines the process of importing and using assets within WordPress websites.
Adobe Creative Cloud Integration: Adobe Stock seamlessly integrates with Adobe’s suite of creative software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, making it an excellent choice for professionals who use Adobe’s software regularly.
API and Third-Party Integrations: Adobe Stock offers an API for developers to build custom integrations.
Ultimately, the choice between Envato Elements and Adobe Stock will depend on your specific needs, budget, and the level of integration required with your existing creative tools. Consider your individual circumstances and creative workflow to determine which platform aligns best with your objectives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better for beginners: Envato Elements or Adobe Stock?
Envato Elements is often considered better for beginners due to its straightforward subscription model, offering unlimited downloads of various creative assets like stock photos, graphics, and templates at a fixed monthly fee, making it a cost-effective choice for those just starting.
How much does Envato Elements cost?
The cost of Envato Elements is $16.50 per month when billed annually, providing unlimited access to a vast library of creative assets, including stock photos, video templates, and more.
How much does Adobe Stock cost?
Adobe Stock offers different pricing tiers depending on your needs, with monthly plans starting at $29.99 per month and varying up to $249.99 per month. These subscriptions provide you with a number of downloads you can make per month.
Is Adobe Stock better for stock photos than Envato Elements?
On Adobe Stock you’ll find better quality stock images, and the platform integrates seamlessly with Adobe Creative Cloud applications. It is a preferred choice for professional designers and agencies seeking top-tier photography resources compared to Envato Elements, which is recommended for those who need a high volume of different assets at a low price.