When it comes to sourcing digital assets such as stock photos, videos, music, and graphics, Envato Elements and Storyblocks are two prominent names in the industry.
Both platforms offer a wide range of creative resources to cater to the needs of content creators, marketers, and businesses.
In this article, we will compare Envato Elements and Storyblocks across various aspects to help you decide which platform best suits your specific requirements.
Table of Contents
Envato Elements vs Storyblocks: Quick Facts
|Content Library||Diverse and extensive||Focused on video and audio content|
|Best For||Content creators, graphic designers, entrepreneurs||Video and audio creators|
$16.50 – $39.00 per month
$15.00 – $35.00 per month
Who we recommend Envato Elements for
- Graphic Designers: If you are a graphic designer or creative professional seeking a vast library of design assets, the platform offers an extensive collection of graphics, templates, fonts, and more.
- Web Developers: With a wide array of website templates, code scripts, and web graphics, it is a valuable resource for web developers and designers looking to enhance their projects.
- Content Creators: Bloggers, social media influencers, and content creators can benefit from the platform’s stock photos, videos, and audio tracks to enhance their content.
- Diverse Content Needs: If you require a mix of assets, including audio, video, graphics, and presentation templates, consider Envato Elements as an all-in-one solution.
- Hobbyists and Entrepreneurs: If you have personal projects or starting a new business, you’ll probably find all the content you may need.
Who we recommend Storyblocks for
- Video Content Creators: Filmmakers, YouTubers, and digital marketers who need high-quality stock footage, motion backgrounds, and sound effects, making it a top pick for video professionals.
- Audio Producers: If you work with audio, Storyblocks’ extensive audio library includes music tracks, sound effects, and loops that cater to musicians, podcasters, and audio editors.
- Social Media Marketers: Entrepreneurs, agencies, and business owners who rely on social media marketing and are constantly in need of stock footage (especially video content).
Storyblocks is a top pick for those primarily seeking video and audio content, with its extensive collection of stock footage, music, and sound effects.
Who may consider trying both platforms?
There are scenarios where using both Envato Elements and Storyblocks could be beneficial:
- Hybrid Creators: Those who require a mix of design elements, templates, and multimedia content, such as graphic designers working on video projects or digital marketers creating multimedia campaigns.
- Frequent Asset Downloads: For those who require frequent access to many different assets. By subscribing to both Envato Elements and Storyblocks platforms you will have access to both content libraries, enabling you to get more diverse assets while also making it cost-effective for heavy users.
- Those Willing To Test: If finances are not a problem for you, you can go and try out both platforms to find out which better suits your needs. You can try both platforms for 1 month to see which makes a better fit for your project.
Envato Elements vs Storyblocks: Asset Library
Envato Elements: Envato Elements boasts a diverse asset library, featuring a wide range of creative resources.
The asset library includes:
- Graphics and Templates: Thousands of graphic assets, including logos, icons, and design templates.
- Stock Photos: A substantial collection of stock photos and illustrations.
- Video and Motion Graphics: A vast collection of video templates, stock footage, and motion graphics.
- Web and CMS Templates: A diverse range of website templates and content management system themes.
- Audio Tracks and Effects: An extensive audio library with music tracks, sound effects, and loops.
- Fonts: Find thousands of creative fonts for your projects.
- Much more: Envato Elements content library is really huge. I couldn’t include everything here since they have so many different kinds of assets to offer. If you are looking for something specific, you can explore all categories on their website.
Storyblocks: Storyblocks focuses on video and audio content.
- Stock Video: An extensive collection of stock footage, motion backgrounds, and After Effects templates.
- Audio Library: A wide variety of music tracks, sound effects, and loops.
- Images: A limited selection of stock photos and vector graphics.
Summary: Envato Elements offers a broader spectrum of creative assets, including design elements and web resources, while Storyblocks specializes in video and audio content.
Envato Elements vs Storyblocks: Pricing
Envato Elements: Envato Elements operates on a subscription-based model, providing unlimited downloads for a fixed monthly fee.
Their main – Individual plan – comes in two billing options:
- Monthly Subscription: Priced at $39 per month, it provides unlimited access to the entire library of assets.
- Annual Subscription: Priced at $16.50 per month (equivalent to $198 per year), it offers the same unlimited access at a lower monthly cost.
There are no additional charges for individual assets once you have a subscription.
Storyblocks: Storyblocks also offers a subscription-based model, granting access to their entire library of content, including video, audio, and images, under one of their subscription plans.
It offers three pricing plans (billed monthly or annually):
- Starter: Starting from $15 per month (or $30 per month if billed monthly), it provides 5 monthly downloads of HD footage, music, photos, vectors & illustrations.
- Unlimited All Access: Starting from $30 per month (or $65 per month if billed monthly), it offers unlimited downloads with access to the whole content library.
- Pro: Starting from $35 per month (or $70 per month if billed monthly), it includes everything as in the Unlimited All Access plan plus Storyblocks Plugin for Adobe Creative Cloud.
Summary: Storyblocks is more expensive than Envato Elements. However, it provides more flexible pricing plans. Both platforms use a subscription-based pricing model, making it essential for users to choose based on their specific content needs.
Envato Elements vs Storyblocks: Licensing
Envato Elements: Envato Elements offers one simple commercial license with unlimited usage rights for assets downloaded during an active subscription. Users can use these assets for both personal and commercial projects without worrying about additional licensing fees.
The Enterprise plan for larger teams comes with custom licensing.
However, there are some restrictions and guidelines on what’s allowed and what’s not. Make sure to check them on their official website before making a purchase.
Storyblocks: Storyblocks provides royalty-free licensing for its content, allowing users to use downloaded assets in perpetuity for various projects, but certain restrictions may apply depending on the type of license.
The Business plan for companies and organizations comes with a Business license.
However, their Individual license also comes with limitations, which we recommend checking on their official website before making a purchase.
Summary: Both platforms provide a straightforward licensing model with broad usage rights. Storyblocks offers higher indemnification.
You should review the licensing terms of both platforms carefully to ensure compliance.
Envato Elements vs Storyblocks: Free Trial
Envato Elements: The platform does not offer a free trial option, but users can subscribe on a monthly or annual basis to gain unlimited access to their vast library of assets.
Storyblocks: It also does not have a free trial available anymore, so you’ll have to subscribe at least for a month to try their services.
Summary: Neither of the platforms offers a free trial. However, both platforms provide an option to subscribe on a monthly basis, allowing you to give them a test.
Envato Elements vs Storyblocks: Customer Support
Envato Elements: Envato Elements offers customer support through email. The platform also has a dedicated help center and a community forum where users can interact with and ask for help. The help center provides extensive documentation and tutorials to assist users in navigating the platform and using their assets effectively.
Storyblocks: Storyblocks provides customer support primarily through email and a comprehensive resource center with articles, video tutorials & FAQs.
Summary: Both Envato Elements and Storyblocks offer customer support through email and help centers, ensuring users have access to resources and assistance when needed.
Both platforms also offer a dedicated account manager if you have an enterprise/business plan.