An instant camera prints your photos without making you wait for them. It’s similar to a 35mm film camera, you just get the instant result.
The question is…
How much should you pay for this ‘pleasure’?
Let me help you.
If you are wondering which instant cameras are the best and how much they cost, check out this instant camera pricing guide.
- Cost of Polaroid and Instant Cameras
- Are Instant Cameras Worth the Money?
- Is Instant Camera Photo Paper Expensive?
- What are Fujifilm and Polaroid Cameras?
- Instant Camera Pricing Verdict
Cost of Polaroid and Instant Cameras
Instant camera prices can range from $50 to more than $300, depending on the type and provider. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 is one of the cheapest instant cameras and is very popular among youngsters. If you are looking for a more reliable but pricier instant camera, Instax Square SQ20 would be the option.
You can expect a decent option from $170 to $200. The exact price of the camera will depend on the features and quality.
We’ll be discussing the 4 best instant cameras with different price ranges. So, whether you have deep pockets or are on a budget, you’ll get what you are looking for.
Check them out.
Low-Priced Instant Cameras
Fujifilm Instax Mini 11
- Slim body size with transparent ring lens
- Automatic Exposure - The Mini 11 automatically selects the optimal shutter speed in any environment. Mini 11 captures bright backgrounds and bright subjects, even in dark scenes.
- 1-touch Selfie Mode – The Mini 11 has a built-in macro mode and selfie mirror for the perfect selfie. You don’t need a close-up lens attachment. Just pull out the lens barrel until the “Selfie Mode” mark appears
The Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 is a compact instant camera with a strap, so you can easily carry it around. Its design and colors are quite appealing as well.
Moreover, with this camera, you won’t have to worry about adjusting the exposure. The camera’s automatic exposure takes care of it effectively.
It adjusts the shutter speed according to the environment, which means you can capture a bright image in a darker setting as well.
Not only that, but the Fujifilm Instax Mini offers a selfie mode as well. You just have to change it to selfie mode by pulling out the lens barrel.
Plus, it’s pretty easy to use and comes with batteries and a hand strap. You’ll also be able to put in the film easily.
Its great that it comes with a built-in flash but, however, it cannot be deactivated.
Pros and Cons
- NOW: Polaroid's new point-and-shoot analog instant camera has all you need to catch every life moment in an original Polaroid photograph.
- NEW & IMPROVED: Now with autofocus, it’s simple to capture moments as you see them, so you can relive them forever in sharp, vivid color.
- DOUBLE EXPOSURE: Frame two moments in one with double exposure, or get yourself in the picture with self-timer and an accurate flash to make everyone look like they should.
This mid-range Polaroid camera is lightweight and comes in several colors. You can charge the camera with a micro USB and use it for long hours, as the battery is long-lasting.
Moreover, the Polaroid camera comes with a 9-second timer, so you can get yourself ready before it takes a snap.
It is also equipped with the auto-focus feature, focusing on the details automatically and allowing you to concentrate more on creativity.
In addition, you can capture two screens in one photo courtesy of the double exposure feature on the camera.
Plus, even if you are a beginner, you can easily take snaps with ease; the camera is quite easy to use and beginner-friendly.
However, the camera itself is a little bulky.
Pros and Cons
High-Priced Instant Cameras
- Capture and instantly print photos from the camera or directly print from your smartphone/ tablet using Bluetooth
- Choose from a variety of frames and filters for more printing fun
- Attach A recorded sound to your photo and play back by scanning the QR code
The Instax Mini Liplay prints your photos only after 12 seconds of capturing them. So, you have your photos ready in a jiffy.
Moreover, the large-capacity battery of the camera allows you to print 100 photos on a single charge. A good thing for travel photographers as they won’t have to recharge it often.
Not only that, you have the option to print the captured photos using your smartphone via Bluetooth. You can even capture images from this camera using your phone.
The camera offers a variety of filters as well as frames to add a bit of flavor to your printed photos.
You can also review the photos and pick the ones that you want to print. The size of the instant camera is impressively small, making it perfect for travel photographers.
However, it doesn’t remember the previous settings when you restart it. For instance, you’ll have to turn the flash off every time your restart the camera.
Pros and Cons
Instax Square SQ20
- 6 shooting modes, plus new FRAME GRAB, TIMESHIFT COLLAGE & SEQUENCE functions
- Dedicated filters for, Still picture and & Movie Shooting including new partial colour filter mode
- With 4 x Zoom, internal 50 photo memory capacity plus Micro SD slot, Selfie mode and selfie mirror
This Instax Square SQ20 hybrid instant camera has an LCD screen where you can view your photos before printing them.
You can also use it as a printer; meaning that you can send a picture from another device through an SD card and have the camera print it.
Moreover, you don’t have to print the photos instantly if you don’t want to. You can save them in the cartridges. In addition to the built-in memory, in which you can store 50 images, you have the option to expand it.
Not only that, but you can also record videos, zoom into your images (4X), and take selfie photos with the camera.
In addition, there are several modes, effects, and filters you can use to add versatility to your images.
However, the company recommends only Instax films, which you’ll have to buy separately. And, the cartridges are expensive.
Pros and Cons
Are Instant Cameras Worth the Money?
If you like your images in print form, an instant camera would be totally worth it. It delivers high-quality print photos in no time.
You can carry instant cameras with you on your travels as they are lightweight and compact.
And, you don’t have to be a professional photographer to use them.
Instant cameras are generally easy and fun to use which makes them great to bring with you to parties or gatherings with friends.
Simply create a snapshot in time without having to worry about settings or exposure.
Is Instant Camera Photo Paper Expensive?
Instant camera films aren’t as costly as they once were. Now, you can get a sheet for about $0.60 which makes them not that expensive.
For example, a 20-pack of Zink Polaroid photo paper costs around $10.
The instant physical print will ensure that you can quickly and easily display that memory on your wall or in an instant print album.
What are Fujifilm and Polaroid Cameras?
Fujifilm and Polaroid are two brands that make and sell instant cameras.
Although Polaroid was the company that invented the instant print system, today Fujifilm is leading the market since it sells more instant film than Polaroid.
To this day, Polaroid and Fujifilm are the two main manufacturers of instant film.
They both provide high-quality products and are also quite budget-friendly. It’s all a matter of taste which brand you will decide to choose.
While Fujifilm might be a perfect option for weddings and parties, Polaroid is for those who want the real vintage effect and are more serious about instant photos.
Instant Camera Pricing Verdict
You can get an excellent instant camera for around $70.
But if you want more features and capabilities, you should expect to pay at least $150.
Is it worth it?
A Polaroid or any other instant camera allows you to convert your images into photos in no time.
We discussed instant cameras for every budget in detail. So, make sure you have the required information before investing in one.