If you are thinking of capturing wedding moments with an instant camera, this article is for you.
An instant camera is not only easy to use, but also provides you and your guests with the instant gratification of printed photos. You can give these photos to your guests as keepsakes, solidifying the memories.
With the help of this article, you can pick out the best instant camera for wedding.
Let’s dive in.
5 Best Instant Cameras for Weddings
1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Fujifilm instax Mini 9 Instant Camera (Smokey White) and one Mini Film Twin Pack (20 Sheets)
- COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Snaps and prints pictures that fit in your wallet. Compact and lightweight design
- MACRO LENS AND SELFIE MIRROR: Macro Lens for close-ups from 35-50cm away, adjustable brightness and selfie mirror
The Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 is a compact, lightweight film camera that doesn’t break the bank since it’s one of the cheapest compared to other instant camera prices. It comes with a mini-film twin pack, eliminating the need to buy the sheets separately.
An instant camera for weddings is not only compact but delivers small photos that can easily fit in your wallet or pocket.
Plus, with the macro lens of this instant camera, you will be able to shoot close-ups up to 50cm away. You can also adjust the brightness of your photos.
Moreover, it’s equipped with a selfie mirror. It helps you to capture a selfie with your guests or loved ones without hassle.
It provides good-quality pictures if the light is good enough. Moreover, it’s easy to use and develops photos within seconds.
However, it might be not ideal for low light environments.
What’s to Remember
2. Polaroid Originals OneStep+
- Original Polaroid Format - easy to use - 60-day battery life - powerful flash - self-timer mode
- Bluetooth-connected app: full manual control - double exposure - light painting - noise trigger - and more!
- Standard & portrait lenses: you can switch between two different lenses. One for portraits so you can take a photo from 1ft to 3ft. The second is the standard lens: photos from 3ft to infinity.
The Polaroid Originals OneStep+ camera is an easy-to-use instant film camera. It offers a long 60-day battery life, allowing you to use it for at least one wedding event without fretting.
The camera has a powerful flash, which means you can capture bright images in even a darker indoor setting.
Moreover, you can use the self-timer mode on the camera to capture yourself with your guests as well.
Plus, you can switch between two different lenses; the portrait lens allows you to capture photos from 1ft to 3ft, while the standard one from 3ft to infinity.
This makes it versatile: suitable for portraits as well as landscape photography.
However, there is a small learning curve with this camera, but you can get the hang of it with little practice.
What’s to Remember
3. Fujifilm Instax Mini 90
- Automatically detects the brightness of the surrounding and adjusts the amount of flash and shutter speed to optimize photo quality
- Double exposure mode 2 images are produced on 1 film sheet by pressing the shutter twice; Shutter release: Programmed electronic shutter release, 1.8 - 1/400 sec shutter speeds
- Bulb mode the shutter remains open while the shutter button is depressed (10 seconds maximum) and a light trail can be photographed
The Fujifilm Instax Mini is a compact film camera with all the bells and whistles that excite a photographing enthusiast.
The camera automatically detects the surrounding lights and adjusts the shutter speed and flash for the best result.
Moreover, courtesy of the double exposure mode, you can even capture two images in one frame by pressing the shutter twice.
It adjusts the shutter speed between 1.8 and 1/400 seconds automatically. Not only that, but there is a ‘kids mode’ that enables you to capture running kids, pets, and other fast-moving subjects.
However, despite the automatic shutter speed adjustment, the camera requires a good amount of light to capture clear images.
What’s to Remember
4. Polaroid Now
- NOW + FILM BUNDLE BOX: Polaroid's new point-and-shoot analog instant camera has all you need to catch every life moment in an original Polaroid photograph.
- NEW & IMPROVED: Now with autofocus, it’s simple to capture moments as you see them, so you can relive them forever in sharp, vivid color.
- DOUBLE EXPOSURE: Frame two moments in one with double exposure, or get yourself in the picture with self-timer and an accurate flash to make everyone look like they should.
This Polaroid Now instant camera comes with a film bundle and has everything you’ll need for instant prints to save your time.
The long-lasting battery allows you to use it for hours which is advantageous since you don’t have to worry about it on your wedding day. The camera can be recharged with a micro USB.
Moreover, the Polaroid camera comes with a 9-second timer, so you can get yourself ready before it takes a snap.
It is equipped with the auto-focus feature, focusing on the details automatically and allowing you to concentrate more on creativity.
In addition, you can capture two screens in one photo courtesy of the double exposure feature on the camera.
Now the main advantage:
Even if you (or your wedding guests) are a beginner, you can take snaps without much effort since the camera is quite easy to use and beginner-friendly.
What’s to Remember
5. Polaroid Snap
- Snap, Print, Share : The Polaroid Snap instant digital Camera captures all the fun and spontaneity of the legacy Polaroid instant Camera in an Easy, Compact Package; Simply Point and click to Print Vibrant, high Quality Photos that you can Share, no computer connections needed
- Zero INK, Zero Toner, Instant Results : The Integrated Zink Printing Technology enables you to instantly Print Full Color, smudge Proof 2x3 inches Prints Automatically when an image is captured without ink, ribbons or toner cartridges, this enables you to easily Print and Share physical Photos at the push of a button, while saving all Your images for Easy uploading
- Embrace Your Inner photographer : Get Snapping, capture Details with the Powerful 10 megapixel Sensor, insert a microSD card (32GB max) to Expand the memory, load Your Zink paper and Print on the spot, add an artistic touch with the different picture modes available; Simile to the Camera and Take a selfie with the built in selfie mirror or get Yourself and the group in the shot with the self Timer feature
The Zink Polaroid snap digital camera doesn’t only offer instantly printed photos, but you can also save them digitally and transfer them later.
Moreover, you can also snap selfies thanks to the built-in selfie mirror. There is a self-timer that allows you to capture yourself with your guests and loved ones.
The images it prints are vibrant and colorful without any toner or inks. The best thing is, your snaps are in your hands within a minute of capturing them.
You can also expand its memory by inserting a microSD card up to 32GB in space.
What’s to Remember
Should You Buy an Instant Camera for Your Wedding?
An instant camera is a fun thing to have at your wedding since it allows you to get your images in the printed format right after capturing them.
So, your guests can take the photos home with them as keepsakes. Or they can add them right to your wedding guest book.
Plus, they are lightweight, portable, and easy to use for everyone.
The instant and Polaroid cameras reviewed in this article are top-notch.
But, not all would be suitable for everyone. By now, you would know which one is the right fit for you.