Kimp offers unlimited design services for a monthly subscription fee. The greatest thing about Kimp is that they provide a 7 day free trial so you can submit a total of 3 requests to see if the platform suits your needs.
Unlimited graphic and video design
About 1-2 business days
$599 to $995/month
- Available free trial
- Includes video design services
- Dedicated project manager
- Responsive and friendly team
- Unlimited revisions
- Fast turnaround
- Option to include more of your team members in the platform
- Need to use Trello to manage requests
- Expensive lowest tier plan
Unlimited Graphic Design for a Monthly Fee – Legit or Not?
Unlimited graphic design is not a new business concept and has been there for a while. It enables you to submit unlimited custom design requests.
While there is room for debate regarding quality, I can say that the service is worth trying when you need continuous graphic design.
Kimp’s advantage is that it also offers video design, making it stand out from its competitors.
Who Is Kimp For?
Kimp is perfect for individuals or businesses that consistently need graphic design and/or video requests.
- People with individual projects
- Small businesses
Kimp is a great alternative to platforms like 99designs, DesignCrowd or DesignContest.
In other words, Kimp is great if you use the full potential of unlimited graphic design.
Pros – What I Like
- A whole dedicated team: You are provided with a dedicated project manager and a whole design team and with a variety of expertise.
- Two tasks at once: You can get your designers to work on two tasks at once which can really speed up your output. This feature isn’t available on many other unlimited design services.
- Video design: Kimp’s unlimited video design and editing services are what make the platform stand out from competitors.
- Exceptional attention: Once you’re a customer, Kimp will give you a call to help you get started with the service and connect you with your dedicated project manager. At all other times, you can communicate with your dedicated project manager who is friendly and responsive. For any other question, you can contact the company via live chat or email.
- Possibility to add additional members to your Trello dashboard: The platform allows you to add your other team members to your Trello dashboard which leads to effective and easy team collaboration.
- Kimp is the only unlimited graphic design service that offers free trial: Seriously. I didn’t find any other graphic design services that provide a free trial. Kimp does a great job letting customers see how their service work before making a purchase.
Cons – What I Didn’t Like
- You’ll have to use Trello: Like it or not, you have to use the Trello task management dashboard with Kimp.
- Expensive for single projects: Kimp might be expensive if you don’t need consistent graphic design or video editing services since the platform is more of a long term investment.
- Time zone differences: You’ll have to keep in mind that your team might work in a different time zone than yours, so you’d have to adjust to the timing.
- Custom requests could take longer than other design projects.
Turnaround Time is Highly Satisfying
If Kimp was a restaurant, it would be a fast food one. Of course, I’m talking about speed, not quality.
The service completed my design request in much less than a day.
On average, you can expect your Kimp designer to complete a task within 24 hours.
Turnaround time for a video project can take longer, about 2 – 4 days.
Superior Project Management
Kimp uses Trello project management software where you can communicate with your designers and project manager easily.
This allows your team to understand your brand better and complete every task to your full satisfaction.
And to request a project, you’ll have to submit some basic information about it.
Then, your project manager will review the request and assign it to one of the designers on your team.
Multiple Design Requests
By default, your project manager will assign your request in the same order you request them. However, you can prioritize certain requests over others.
As your designer finishes a task, it moves from “In progress” to “In review”.
Importantly, graphic design and video requests are treated separately and have their own turnaround times. So, a video request won’t affect the turnaround time of a graphic design request.
My Experience Using Kimp Services
My overall experience with Kimp was good – no complaints.
Before you start using their service, you have to fill out a questionnaire to help them better know about your needs.
The featured image at the top of this review was made using Kimp services.
I submitted a request for a featured image for this blog post. It took less than 24 hours for the team to fulfill my request.
They even provided me with 2 different design options. The first one was created consistently following the brief I provided.
Here’s the result:
And they made the second one with more improvisation and their own creativity.
The funny part?
I enjoyed their design even more. I added it in the ‘Overview’ section at the beginning.
How Much Does Kimp.io Cost?
Kimp.io has three pricing plans – Graphics ($599/mo), Video ($699/mo) and Graphics + Video ($995/mo). There’s no contract on any plan, so you can cancel anytime you want, which eliminates the risk of losing money.
Having in mind that a freelance graphic designer could cost you anywhere between $45 – $150 per hour, Kimp has a decent price.
|GRAPHICS||$599 per month||Graphics designs|
|VIDEO||$699 per month||Video designs and motion graphics|
|GRAPHICS + VIDEO||$995 per month||Graphic + Video designs|
- The Graphics plan for $599 only caters to design projects.
- The Video plan for $699 provides you with everything related to video editing and production.
- The Graphics + Video plan for $995 offers everything from graphic design to video editing
You get unlimited requests, revisions and a dedicated project manager with each pricing plan. Moreover, they offer 50% off for the first 2 months for all plans.
Kimp.io offers a free trial for new users to test out their services before committing to a subscription. The free trial allows you to submit up to three graphic design requests, which will be completed by the Kimp.io design team usually within one business day.
The free trial is a great way to test the quality and efficiency of Kimp.io’s design services without any financial commitment.
The free trial is available for 7 days.
After you start using their service, you are immediately connected to your dedicated project manager and your design team. The company offers support via live chat and email.
When asked for help, I always received friendly and helpful answers.
Their representatives are friendly and very helpful. Also, they pay a lot of attention to your needs.
If you need a consultation before making a payment, you can even book a 1-on-1 call with Kimp’s team member.
The only drawback you might face is their working hours. If you happen to be in a different time zone, you might have to wait until the next day for your design team to reply.
Kimp Review: the Bottom Line
Yes, I recommend Kimp.io.
It hosts experienced and skilled designers and has great customer service. It makes a good deal since it offers unlimited graphic design and video services for a flat monthly fee.
Kimp is ideal for businesses or entrepreneurs who have consistent design and video requests in their pipeline.
Kimp offers a 7-day free trial, allowing you to test it before making any commitments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is unlimited graphic design?
Unlimited graphic design means that you have an unlimited number of requests and revisions that you can submit. The requests are completed in the same order that you’ve submitted them.
How much does Kimp cost?
Kimp.io has three pricing plans – Graphics for $599 per month, Video for $699 per month and Graphics + Video for $995 per month.
Does Kimp have a free trial?
Yes. Kimp.io offers a 7-day free trial.
What are Kimp.io alternatives?
Kimp’s biggest competitors include Design Pickle, 99designs, Flocksy, ManyPixels, and Graphics Zoo.