AT A GLANCE:
Best price-to-quality choice
With this lightbox you’ll be getting an effective jewelry photography tool at an impressively low price point. This makes it ideal both for beginners and advanced photographers.
The lightbox is pre-installed with a removable, bright white background, which further makes your work easier. The size of this box is generous, which helps to work with jewelry of a variety of sizes. The top and front holes ensure that photos can be easily taken of different angles.
This lightbox is perfect for small jewelry products. It is also a good choice for those who are entering the field and want to improve their photography skills.
Looking for a light box to best fit in photographing jewelry?
There are budget friendly light boxes that have a perfect price-to-quality ratio.
Also there more professional ones which will strikingly improve your photography results.
We have reviewed the best light boxes for jewelry photography.
And, you won’t believe how this inexpensive piece of equipment can improve your results.
You may want to check out the size, durability, and portability of these lightboxes before pulling the trigger.
Let’s discuss our best picks.
- 8 Best Light Boxes for Jewelry Photography
- Final Thoughts
8 Best Light Boxes for Jewelry Photography
Emart Portable Table Top Light Box
- [1 X ] 14" x 16" Portable Photo Studio Box, Professional Light Box Setup
- [1 X ] 83.5" Micro USB Port Power Cable, for Plug Adaptor & Power Bank
- [4 X ] Photo Box Backdrops (White, Black, Blue, Gray )丨[1 X ]Tripod Stand Holder for Smart Phone
The Upgrade Emart lightbox is pretty easy to set up. You can do it in about 2 minutes.
It comes with 4 different background colors; the good thing is, they are made of durable plastic material.
Importantly, the LED lights provide a diffused and high-brightness light, which ensures smooth and clear jewelry photos.
And, considering the low price point, the lightbox is quite durable and probably will last a long time.
However, you don’t have an ON/OFF button for the lights. So, you’ll have to unplug it from the socket.
Pros and Cons
Amazon Basics Portable Studio Box
- No assembly required with set-up in less than a minute; Collapses into a thin, portable, and durable portfolio case.
- Measures 25'' x 30'' x 25'' to fit a variety of product sizes; Includes power supply, user manual, and pre-installed removable bright-white backdrop.
- High output built-in LED lights for handheld photography with a camera or smartphone. Lights are positioned for optimum contrast, and provide 5600k daylight balanced LEDs with high Color Rendering Index (CRI) for consistent color. An extra light provides directional light modelling like in a photo studio, giving better highlights, contrast, and shape to product images.
If you are looking for a portable lightbox for jewelry photography that you can install in a minute, this one could be it.
The lightbox has a built-in bright LED light, allowing you to do your work with your smartphone.
And, for maintaining consistent colors, the LEDs of this lightbox are equipped with a high CRI (color rendering index). Plus, the diffusion material will ensure your jewelry doesn’t reflect the light.
You can also take snaps from a variety of angles; the top and front holes let you do that.
What’s more, the carrying case with a handle makes it easy for you to move it around.
However, you can’t turn the lights off with a switch; you have to unplug it. And, the lights are not dimmable.
Pros and Cons
FOSITAN Photo Light Box
- High Quality and Convenient-design LED Lights: High-quality SMD LED brads with excellent CRI index up to 92+. Don’t need to take the risk of installing the light. It’s bright enough and safe for use.
- Dimming and Soft Light : The brightness can dimming from 1%-100%. The diffuser can soften the light, which can protect eyes and meet different shooting need.
- 5 Colors PVC Background Papers and Flexible Shooting Angles : Equipped with 5 colors background. It supports to shoot different item in different background. Multiple shooting angles support to shoot objects in different position.
The best thing about Fositan is that it is one of the leaders as photography lighting and lighting kit supply providers.
The lightbox itself comes with 5 different color backdrops to give you more choice and space for creativity.
Its’ one piece structure design gives the possibility to set up the lightbox in 3 seconds.
You will also have the full control of brightness because it can dimming from 1%-100%.
This photobox is installed with a Velcro connection which requires no additional brackets.
Fositan, as it is said by themselves, is committed to providing the most valuable photographic equipment. It is suitable both for professional camera and mobile photography.
Pros and Cons
LimoStudio Table Top Photography Light Box
- 👍 Contents: [1 x] Folding Photo Box (16" x 16") / [2 x] Photography Table Stand / [2 x] 600 Lumen LED Bulb / [1 x] 8" Steady Tripod / [1 x] Phone clip holder / [4 x] Blue and Yellow Color filters
- 👍 Professional photo table shooting tents and lighting / High power lights
- 👍 8" Steady Tripod / Transformed convenient carry bag / Compact & Slim size
This lightbox comes with a surprisingly tough bag that you can use to carry the whole setup. This makes it easy to carry around, letting you set up your photo studio anywhere you want.
Moreover, you get a tripod for your phone, using which you can ensure steady, professional photographs of the jewelry.
What’s more, there is a universal phone holder; given your phone’s camera is good enough, you can leverage it to take your jewelry photography game to the next level.
Plus, the blue and yellow filters allow you to throw these colors on your products and get a customized, colorful environment.
However, the LED lights don’t seem to be that bright. So, it may be better to work with it in natural light.
Pros and Cons
Portable Photo Studio Light Box for Jewelry
The easily folding design of this lightbox makes it easy to carry. Even in the unfolded position, the lightbox doesn’t take much space, so you can get to work anywhere you want. It’s pretty easy to assemble as well.
The lightbox comes with an LED spotlight that enables uniform lighting for that perfect click. This uniform lighting will make sure the jewelry doesn’t reflect light.
Moreover, the 112 built-in LED light beads are quite bright, providing well-lit surroundings for jewelry photography.
You also get a few color backdrops to experience with different types of background.
However, a tiny drawback of the lightbox is that the LED lamps heat a little too quickly.
Pros and Cons
Neewer Photo Studio Light Box
The Neewer Lightbox is not only foldable and portable, but it also lets you store your other items inside it. You can use it as a storage box.
In addition to being portable, it’s easy to set up, so you can have a jewelry photography session wherever you want. Photographers often use this photo box for food as well.
Moreover, the lightbox allows you to adjust the light intensity precisely using a knob. This way, you can customize your lighting based on your desired results.
Plus, the lightbox provides you a variety of angles to take snaps from. You can photograph your jewelry from the horizontal opening or the vertical opening depending on the product’s size.
What’s more, the lightbox comes with 4 color backgrounds (orange, grey, black, white). There is a diffuser cloth that eliminates any reflections, delivering soft light.
However, making the backdrops wrinkle-free might be hard work sometimes.
Pros and Cons
Travor Photo Studio Light Box For Jewelry
This lightbox allows you to control the brightness of the light from 0 to 100%, so you can dim the light to minimize reflections from your jewelry.
The dimmer feature makes it great for jewelry photography because you can adjust the softness of the light with great control.
Moreover, you can use any of the 4 background colors provided with the lightbox. The four colors are red, white, black, and blue.
What’s more, you can move the lighting boards to achieve any desirable angle. The LED lights don’t heat up either.
The most important selling point of this lightbox would be the steel frame construction. The strong material ensures the longevity of the equipment, providing you peace of mind.
However, it’s a huge lightbox. So, it’s for those who prefer a permanent setup for jewelry photography.
Pros and Cons
SENLIXIN Photo Studio Tent Jewelry Light Box Kit
- ✔ SPACE SAVING - Coming with folding design, more convenient to install and carry, built-in led light, providing average light and prevents shadows and reflections in your photos.
- ✔ PERFECT FOR YOUR PRODUCT - The studio allows quick and easy shooting of small products such as shoes, accessories, toys, watches, gadgets and other items.
- ✔ EASY TO INSTALL - Just need few minute to assemble your own photo studio anywhere, unfold this LED light box studio to get the perfect backdrop for small item.
The SENLIXIN lightbox will interest you if you are looking for a portable and foldable photography lightbox.
With the foldable and lightweight design, you can easily store it and carry it. You can either allocate it a small permanent space or you can take it anywhere you want to set up your studio.
What’s more, the lightbox comes with 6 background color pads to add versatility to your projects. And, the built-in lights take care of the lighting.
Most importantly, you won’t have to worry about the uniformity and softness of light. The premium diffuser in the lightbox takes care of that perfectly.
Moreover, it comes with a 1.5-meter-long USB cable, so you can charge it with a power bank, laptop, AC charger, etc.
However, the backdrop pads aren’t of the best quality.
Pros and Cons
Is photographing jewelry in a light box worth it?
To show every detail, your jewelry needs a bright source of light. But, because jewelry can be highly reflective, you don’t only need a bright source, you need diffused light.
And, to achieve consistent, diffused light, a lightbox is an essential part of your jewelry photography setup.
How to choose a jewelry light box for photography?
Bear in mind that a lightbox should have built-in LED lighting coming from multiple sources. This ensures consistent light distribution.
A lightbox for jewelry photography should be large enough for your product.
Lastly, make sure you get a lightweight, portable lightbox if you don’t have a permanent photography setup.
How do you use a light box when taking photos of jewelry?
After setting up your photography lightbox:
- Make sure the lighting is perfect. Consistent, bright light is what you want to photograph jewelry professionally.
- Set up your camera on a stable platform.
- Ensure a reflection-free environment.
Product photographers know that lighting is the most important thing to optimize if you want to achieve the best results. This is more important when you have jewelry as your product.
Jewelry tends to reflect light, which is not desirable. Diffused, consistent light without dark spots is what you want for the best results.
Thankfully, you can achieve an ideal environment for jewelry photography with a lightbox.
We have discussed in detail the best lightboxes for jewelry photography so that you can make an informed and confident decision.
A lightbox is important for jewelry photography if you want to get the best out of your images. Just make sure it’s large enough for your product, provides diffused light, and offers the bells and whistles you desire.
*Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.